Friday, August 25, 2006

Pride Will One Day Kill Us All

The American flag is supposed to be a direct symbol of America, that's why people put so much crappy pride into it. That's stupid. It's a piece of cloth people, get over it. Beyond this fact however i have repeated it here many times, there is yet another little quark about this symbol. It's a horrible symbol of America! Red for blood, white for purity, blue for justice. Purity, justice? Am I hearing this correctly? This corporate whore that we call America. I elect that we create a better symbol for this great democracy. Since we are none to shy on the blood concept I think this attitude calls for a plain all red flag, with maybe a nice backdrop of an IRS form 1040. Kind of a nice positive symbol that says “we'll suck you dry of your money while making you kill, for as long as you can keep from dieing yourself”

As for the way that we must treat our flags in order to not get dirty looks from old WWII vets, this does not symbolize the way America works either. If we treated the symbol of America like we treat the people of America we would have to drop it on the ground, kick it, scuff it, burn its corners, rip it, never fix it, and leave it to rot into oblivion. I will treat that piece of cloth with respect when this country starts respecting itself and other countries. When people aren't unnecessarily hungry and sick in the world's most prosperous country. When people are equal and the poor don't have to work themselves to death trying to get themselves a piece of the pie when the rich already have the whole thing. When color stops mattering and true personal compatibility takes over. When the lying and deception from the people we set to protect us stops, and when the misappropriation of funds gets changed from making bombs to kill children to making food to feed children.

That's bare minimum. I shouldn't be worried about how my government is going to ruin the lives of my friends, family and I everyday, I should be wondering how my government is going to help me tomorrow. Remember? The government we put in place here was to protect and serve us, not the other way around.

Pride is their tool. It is how they get us to do the unthinkable. Our military is filled with men and women who have killed tons of innocent people. Most wouldn't kill people here at home, but feel that its ok that they are doing it for their country. How does this country deserve the right to kill innocent people anymore than each of us does individually? I really don't think it does, but the stronger the pride in this establishment, the more people are willing to put there lives at risk doing the unthinkable, and that's disturbing to me. I'll hold my pride thank you very much.

I fear nothing more than pride, as it has seemingly infinite control over us.

P.S For the statement “America's society is great it's the government that is fucked up” which I will almost certainly get from someone. I would like to say this, that's a lie. Americas society it largely made up of racist pride-filled jerks. I'll give society a 40% approval rating. I'll give the government a 1% for those random good things that accidentally slip through the legislature.

No comments: